I love making and giving homemade gifts! I also love being able to spruce up my own wardrobe with simple patterns! Let me show you “How to Make a Simple Infinity Scarf”!
So many times, beginners are intimidated by sewing “lingo” and complicated patterns! I remember when I was trying to learn how to sew, I just wished someone could sit next to me and just tell me if I was doing it right!
That’s why I made this tutorial for you! I explain, step-by-step, how to make this super cute infinity scarf, the way I need to learn as well! I feel very confident that you can do this! Your friends and family will be amazed when they receive these as gifts!
How to Buy Sustainable Gifts for Christmas
Infinity Scarf Supply List:
- Sewing machine
- Fabric measuring 16×60 (for thick fabric) or 18×60 for cotton blends/rayon
- Sharp pair of scissors
- Straight pins
- Needle and thread
- Cut your fabric to desired width, cut off any selvage.
- Fold right sides together length-wise.
- Sew a straight line with 1/2 to 5/8″ seam allowance down the cut side of fabric, leaving 6″ unsewn at both ends.
- Turn garment right side out.
- Pin the ends of the fabric, right sides together. (See video)
- Sew along pinned edge and remove pins.
- You will have a full circle, with just a small opening that will need hand-stitched, using the slip-stitch.
There is a lot more detail about how to make this infinity scarf in the video, so be sure to watch it first!
25 Things to Sew in Under 10 Minutes
I’ve made quite a few of these infinity scarves as Christmas gifts! Enjoy!
Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas from the Kitchen