As a homesteader, I really look forward to the deals that can be found on Christmas gifts for the homesteader! Christmas is also the time to ask for the homesteading tools that you need, to increase your sustainability factor in the coming years. Let’s take a look at 10 of the best Christmas ideas for the homesteader!
Food preservation is at the heart of every homestead!
Low-acid foods like meats and vegetables must be pressure-canned in order to avoid botulism in your food.
A pressure-canner will allow you to can all types of meat, including beef, chicken, venison or pork.
2. Cast iron is one of those timeless Christmas gifts that is often passed down through families and for good reason….
it lasts forever!
Lehman’s cast iron skillet doesn’t need to be seasoned because it has a silicone coating that makes it unnecessary! Non-stick cooking with cast iron? Yep!
Not only that, the inside is smooth! Unlike most cast iron that I’ve owned in the past.
You can not only fry in this skillet, but also roast and even bake!
Your loved one will thank you forever for this homestead necessity!
3. Every year, when we break out the Christmas tree and decorations, I love displaying the ceramic Christmas tree that my mother-in-law made.
It looks exactly like this one!
There’s just something so nostalgic and heart-warming about this 14 1/2 inch ceramic Christmas tree, you just don’t see them every day!
That’s one reason why I find Lehman’s such a cool store!
You can find timeless treasures like this one that you can proudly display, year after year!
4. This stainless steel cake pan with cover is another one of Lehman’s classics, that makes a wonderfully unique Christmas gift!
Measuring 13″x 9 1/8″, this traveling pan can be used to make cakes, casseroles and everything in between!
The lid snaps shut so you can be sure that your dish arrives in one piece and just as beautiful as when you left home.
Homemakers, young and old, will thank you for many years after receiving this useful kitchen tool!
5. Every homesteader understands the importance of food preservation!
But sometimes the tools they need are not in the budget.
This year, make sure the homesteader in your life knows how much you appreciate the work and knowledge behind canning your food.
This water bath canner is suitable for high-acid foods like fruit and jams and will serve the recipient for many, many years to come!
6. Dehydrating food is another long respected way to preserve food and this Excalibur dehydrator is a tool that every homesteader needs.
I personally own Excalibur, it’s quality is unmatched.
Excalibur dehydrators circulate the air and completely dry your food, leaving no moisture to spoil the food later.
I’ve owned mine for years and years and even picked up another used one when I’m overloaded with produce that needs to be dried!
7. Fermenting food is another important skill we learn as homesteaders.
This large stoneware crock will aid in the job of fermenting cabbage for sauerkraut or cucumbers for pickles!
I use my crock during the off-season for displaying dried flowers or Christmas decorations.
Another useful and appreciated Christmas gift for your homesteader.
This pretty and versatile jelly roll pan is worth it’s weight in gold!
Not only can you make (obviously) all of your favorite jelly roll recipes with it, but you can also roast vegetables or use it as a serving tray!
It’s outdoor and camp friendly, and it’s dishwasher, freezer and oven safe.
Measuring 11-1/2″ x 15″ x 1-1/4″, you’ll find even more uses for this beautiful jelly roll pan!
9. Lehmans’ Lumberjack Ax – When your homesteader depends on wood to heat their home or to cook with, you simply must have a top-quality ax!
The Lehman’s Lumberjack Ax is made of 1050 carbon steel forged in New York, and hardened to Rockwell 56.
Rockwell 56 makes the edge easy to hold and to sharpen. (Most axes are only hardened to Rockwell 52-55.)
The 28″ hickory handle is made by an Amish family near the Lehman’s store.
An excellent investment and gift for the wood-burning homesteader!
10. Extra-large Arch Drying Rack – This clothes dryer boasts of 49 1/2 feet of linear drying space, perfect for large loads of laundry!
Can be used indoors or outdoors, the large arch allows air to circulate around the clothes for a faster dry.
Amish-made of solid wood, an excellent investment for off-grid minded homesteaders!
Well, there you have it, my top 10 Christmas gift ideas for the homesteader in your life!
They will be thrilled with whatever you choose for them!